The old school was built in 1887 on the main Dublin road. There were four classrooms and one toilet outside in a little building at the back. There were four teachers; Mr Rhatigan,(Prinicpal) Mrs Rhatigan, Mrs Ryan and Mrs Delaney. Mrs Guilfoyle later replaced Mrs Delaney. Then old school closed in 1982 when the new school was built. This new school was the amalgamation of Gurteen School and the village school in Cullohill.
Since 1982 the school has grown and has had the addition of a new extension which was opened in June 2015. Scoil Tighearnach Noafa now has five classroom teachers, a full time learning support teacher as well as a part time resource teacher.
Scoil Tíghearnach Noafa is a Catholic under the patronage of most Rev Dermot Farrell, Bishop of Ossory, and is part of the Church community in Cullohill. The policies practices and attitude of the school are inspired by Gospel values with Christ as the source of these values. Religious education is provided for the pupils in accordance with the doctrine and tradition of the Catholic Church. Prayer is a feature of the school day. We welcome and respect pupils from other religious backgrounds and differing nationalities and value each child’s uniqueness and difference.
The Board of Management, Teachers and Parents of Scoil Tíghearnach Naofa, have regard for the various needs of our children. We concern ourselves with the nurturing and development of the moral, intellectual and physical well-being of each child with particular emphasis on Christian values and the Irish language and culture. We want each child to be affirmed in their gifts and to be enabled to develop their gifts for the enhancement of their own life and the good of the whole community.
Mr. Ryan (Principal) - 5th and 6th classes
Ms. Phelan - 3rd and 4th classes
Ms. Curran - 1st and 2nd classes
Ms. O'Driscoll - Junior and Senior Infants
Ms. Deasy - Special Education Teacher
Ms. Maher - Special Education Teacher